Friday, April 19, 2013

Workout Log (9)


(Originally Posted on 2013/03/25 at indianajane87.wordpress.com/)
I keep a “to-do” list on my phone.  For the longest time, I had “Pass APFT” on there.  Today, I am very happy to say that I crossed that off my list!  *insert crazy person happy dance here… too tired to actually do so*
PR_APFTI’ll let this picture do the talking.  If you click on it, you’ll see two previous test results with today’s at the top.  Pass!  And you know what?  That’s only 90 points away from a perfect score.  I think I’ll get there.  With a little extra work and some time.
I tried something a little different with my push ups today.  Instead of pumping out as many as I could before needing a break (front lean rest position), I did 5 at a time, taking a rest in between up until I could only do 2 and then 1 at a time.  Not sure I liked that since it takes some out of me just to be in the rest position.  I kind of like the idea of just getting as many as I can and then two at a time until I can’t do any more.
PR_run
As for my run, you can see I did it on the track again.  Since I’m having trouble knowing when exactly to stop, I’ve changed the setting on MapMyRun from minutes (it updated me every 5 minutes with my distance, pace, and time) to distance (it should now update me every mile).  It’s next to impossible to see the screen outside in the sun and before I could hit the pause button, the screen went blank and that little extra time kept running.  So from my computer I looked at exactly the 2 mile mark and it said 18:34.
2milerun
Here’s proof!
I’m glad I pushed myself to run until I was finished.  That’s right, boys and girls, this moi didn’t walk.  It was still an incredibly slow pace but now I have no excuse to walk for the next time.
Now that I got that out of the way, I can focus on studying, cleaning and getting to the clinic.  I need to get a release form so that my previous doctor’s office can fax over my medical documents since I cannot seem to find those anywhere despite my mom saying she gave them to me prior to me getting married and moving out here.  I’m going to need them so I don’t have to get every shot under the sun and the biggest reason; because I tore my ACL in 2004 and had surgery for that.  I know I had those documents when I enlisted with the Marines in 2008 but they seem to have gone missing.  I do have an appointment set up to have a physical to be cleared that way, just in case I can’t find the original documents.  But the hunt continues for those because I know it will only help to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment