Friday, April 19, 2013

Workout Log (5)


(Originally Posted on 2013/03/05 at indianajane87.wordpress.com)
Today I did the first PT test I’ve done since December of last year.  It can easily be summed up in one word:  FAILED.  But that’s okay.  I still need to run consistently and do more sit ups. But I have at least advanced with my push ups.  I’m not expecting much since I have yet to still find my workout groove and do everything consistently.
mapmyrun6My push ups went from 19 on 2012DEC30 to 26 today.  That gives me a score of 72.  I increased by two since the last test to 50 on the sit ups.  A score of 60.  And my run was once again terrible.  I came in at 22:28; one second more than last time.  That’s a score of 31.  Kind of bummed there wasn’t even any improvement there but I’m honestly not surprised.  My total score is a failing 163.
This is the first workout since Thursday February 28.  Yesterday I spent about the whole day cleaning the house.  From about 9am when C left for work til about 1730 to finally sit down and study.  And I mean cleaning the house.  Used the Bissell carpet cleaner to shampoo the carpets.  Everything was going great for the first half of the living room.  Until the vacuum decided to leak the cleaner into a puddle on the carpet while I was waiting for the first half to dry a bit before moving the furniture onto it to finish the second half.  Now there’s two puddle marks that I need to figure out how I’m going to get out.  Cleaned the baseboards in the living room and half-bath.  Cleaned that as well.  Thoroughly.  I think this counts as a workout in itself.
Walked Luna for about 2 miles on two short walks.  The first time was only to the mailbox to drop off a birthday card I should have put in the mail yesterday.  The second walk was a little over 1.5 miles in a huge square.  Figured she deserved a walk since we’re leaving her home alone while we go to a Hail & Fairwell tonight.
So since this post is already fairly random, I’ll go ahead and put this in.  I recently found a recipe for whey protein pancakes.  Sounds unusual but they turned out pretty good.  I followed the Apple Strawberry Blueberry Protein Pancakes recipe but used chocolate whey  protein powder instead, omitted the blueberries since we didn’t have any, and substituted the coconut flour for almond flour.  I think the next time I make them, I’ll use the blender to insure the apple is fully blended into the mix.
And to wrap this post up (rambled on long enough), today marks my husband and my (legal ceremony) 2 year anniversary.  And he definitely surprised me with flowers and chocolate covered strawberries.  I think a girl could get used to this.  But it gets better.  We have a trip coming up that I’ll post about once we’re back from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment