Friday, April 19, 2013

An "Off" Day


(Originally Posted on 2013/02/27 at indianajane87.wordpress.com)
Today was supposed to be a lift heavy day.  I started to warm up with push ups but my heart wasn’t in it.  It’s not like I’d have to get dressed, get in the car and drive to the gym.  We have all the required weights in the garage.  Which is probably 20-25 feet from the back of the house.  I definitely wouldn’t call this a rest day since it wasn’t planned… more like an “off” day.  I just felt off.  It’s okay because I can hit it tomorrow.
It’s frustrating when your body has a mind of its own and there’s nothing you can really do about it.  I’m hoping that a good nights sleep will put me in better spirits tomorrow.  I’ll be happier when C gets back from the field.  My daily routine gets thrown off when he’s gone, including when I go to sleep.  Normally we go to bed around 2100 but while he’s gone, it’s usually not until midnight.  I just see no reason to climb into bed.  I don’t know why I think that way when it’s even more pointless to stay awake so late when you’re alone.  In any case, I haven’t been getting enough sleep, I guess.
Tomorrow I’ll plan to knock out the lifting and use the rest of the day for studying and cleaning the house.  I’ve slowly been working on “thinning the herd” with all the stuff we have accumulated over the year and a half that I’ve been here.  Especially with my stuff.  I’ve been boxing things up and labeling them so as to make the future move (whenever that may be) easier on C since he very well could be doing it alone.   I’m sure if I’m gone at BCT or AIT, his mom would likely come to help him.  But just knowing my stuff is already securely packed away can put my mind at ease and make things easier on whoever has to deal with it.
Even though this is not the most ideal post to be stationed at, there are things I’m going to miss about it.  Many people complain (especially the wives) about this place.  And sometimes I get in a funk and dislike being here, too.  But this will forever and always be the first house my husband and I lived in together.  The weather is hard to complain about most of the year (except when it’s extremely windy or insanely hot).  But I’ve learned to cope with these things.  If I don’t have to, I don’t go out during those times of the day.  I certainly do not miss the winter cold and snow (and slush and rain and ice) of Indiana.  I’ve never been fond of the cold and have acclimated to the temperatures here very quickly.  I visited IN this past December and while everyone else was wearing long sleeves and maybe a vest, I was bundled up in multiple layers, coat, scarf, and gloves.  And that was a relatively warm day for that time of year.  I used to be able to deal with it, but not anymore, apparently.  But you know what, each place is what you make of it, as cliche as that really is.  It’s best to ignore all the bad things you hear about a place (and you will, no matter how great it seems, someone has something to complain about) and explore the place yourself.  Form your own opinions before completely writing it off.  You may find you like it more than you thought you would.
This post kind of surprised me.  I honestly didn’t think I’d have anything to write about since I didn’t actually do much of anything today.  But that’s okay.  You learned a little bit more about me.  Also, I find it amusing that one of the recommended tags is “sleep disorders.”  Pretty sure that’s not what it is, but thanks WordPress… Nice try.


No comments:

Post a Comment