Friday, April 19, 2013

Glitch In The System


(Originally Posted on 2013/03/29 at indianajane87.wordpress.com/)

I just got off the phone with SSgt H.  He said to not come in on Tuesday 2013APR2 for the ASVAB.  There is, for some reason, a glitch in the system with my name.  He believes it’s very likely that it’s caused from the request for the documents from the MEPS in Indianapolis.  He’s hoping to get it resolved by the 9th so that I can take it then.

I also don’t believe it’ll be likely for me to take the test at the ed center on post, which I understand.  It’s not in the system as a possible testing site and it’s run by the Army, not MEPS.  And the people that proctor the tests and the sites are employees of MEPS, not the Army. I’m just glad they seem to be doing what they can to get me able to test and aren’t making me come in next week only to find out I cannot test and go through the same thing as the past two weeks.

I am honestly glad that I did get more time to study.  Two weeks ago I was worried and stressing out because I didn’t feel prepared.  I had only had two weeks at that point to refresh myself on the math sections and that isn’t really enough time to let all that information sink in once again and have it memorized.

I have the ASVAB For Dummies book, and I’ve made myself flash cards.  In my previous ASVAB related posts, I’ve also found websites that can help me with my studies.  I feel like I have to get as close to, or better than, the 83 that I got in 2008.  I definitely owe it to myself to score as high as I can with these chances to study more.


No comments:

Post a Comment