Friday, April 19, 2013

Workout Log (2)

(Originally Posted on 2013/02/24 at indianajane87.wordpress.com)

Rittr Labs apps again.
Push up sets: 11, 11, 13, 11, 11, 9 = 66
Sit up sets: 28, 26, 29, 28, 28, 26 = 165
I definitely struggled on the push ups by the 3rd set.  But I pushed on and completed all of them without compromising my form.  So I’m happy with that.  My chest and arms are still sore from Friday’s push up workout.  I do take a little extra time to rest between sets than what the app puts in place.  I need that extra little rest time.  I rated that workout with “It was too hard.”  So the next time I use the app, the workout will be the same.  Even though I finished, it was still a struggle.
For some reason, sit ups are mentally harder for me.  I just don’t want to do them.  My dog licked my arm while I lay on the ground dreading the last set.  I felt defeated.  But I told myself that I would just push through and then I’d be done.  I’d feel better about myself for finishing than if I just said screw it.  And I do.  Except now I’m not looking forward to running.  It’s just one of those days.
As for my run… I think I will postpone it for now.  Until later today.  I’m just too tired.  It’s my fault.  Didn’t consume enough calories this morning, probably.
Update: Just finished my run.  I was aiming for a mile but I couldn’t see the screen on my phone to see if I had made it.  Just short of a mile at .97mi.  Took the dog with me and stopped once for her to eliminate and got slowed down at the halfway point turn around due to a dog being on the other side of the street that she wanted to say hello to.  My time was 8:54.  And apparently burned 117 calories.
mapmyrunAlso, I don’t understand how MapMyRun tracks the distance.  The top of the image, it shows .97 miles but in the distance box, it shows 1 mile.  I’m still basing it off of the former.  The last time I ran a mile, I did it in 9:36.  So despite the dog slowing me down a bit (though I honestly think she made me keep a more constant pace) and struggling with my breathing/keeping that consistent, I didn’t do too bad.
Update 2: Did 3 sets of 5 rep jumping chin ups on gymnastic rings.  The first set was my personal best since I started doing them a couple weeks ago.  But on the second and third set, I wasn’t pulling myself up as high as I did in the first set.  But I’m very happy with the first set since it’s proof to myself that there is improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment